The name of the estate comes from its geographical location on the Cos hill and the name of François Labory, who was the first owner until 1845.
Louis Gaspard d'Estournel then acquired it before having to sell it again to an English banker, Charles Martyns in 1852. The property was finally taken over by George Weber in the 1930's, who bequeathed it to his daughter
and son-in-law, François Audoy in 1959. In 1971, the couple acquired the neighbouring estate, Château Andron Blanquet. Their sons worked with them on the two estates for a few years and then the elder Bernard took over the running of the properties. Bernard is a strong, practical manager with a quiet reassuring manner. He has always lived in Saint-Estèphe and is perfectly emblematic of his estate, his wines and the appellation that he has presided over since 2000.
A real family property, where the generations have genuinely laboured already for nearly a century for the estate to blossom and grow.