The LYNCH MOUSSAS estate was owned since the 18th century by the Comte LYNCH in Pauillac, then was divised in two parts: LYNCH MOUSSAS and LYNCH BAGES. The building was kept by LYNCH MOUSSAS , as well as most of lands and vineyards. This great estate from more than two hundred acres was classified as a Classed Growth by the1855 classification.
Mr Jean CASTEJA, owner of the family-owned Château DUHART-MILON bought the estate in 1919 and run it until 1969 when Emile CASTEJA bought it to his brothers. A wind of change starts blowing since that date, revealing a modernized LYNCH MOUSSAS with a renewed vineyard, rebuilt cellars and vatrooms.
The wines of LYNCH MOUSSAS are today well known for their deep and dark colour, their red-fruity nose. They are round with a beginning of ripe tannins, followed by the typical hints of blackcurrant of the prestigious wines of Pauillac. These full-bodied wines have a significant length in the mouth.