Distinctive selection of Fine Wines and Spirits! ♥ Special Sale ♥︎ 10% off any 6 bottles from the Wine & Sparkling categories-•-15% off any 12 bottles from the Wine & Sparkling categories

Shopping cart

Your cart is currently empty

Product image slideshow Items

  • Wine Giovanni Iannucci Beneventano Falanghina Campo di Mandrie 2019

Giovanni Iannucci Beneventano Falanghina Campo di Mandrie 2019

Excl. tax

100% Falanghina from Campania, Italy

Limited inventory
Add to wish list Add to wish list

Giovanni Iannucci is a young "garagiste" making artisanal wines in Guardia Sanframondi, a town nestled in the hills of Sannio Benevento in northern Campania. Fueled by memories of helping his father, Dante, with the harvest and sale of grapes to the local cooperative, Giovanni decided to return to his hometown in 2012 to take over the 2ha of family vineyards and convert the garage into a small and tidy cellar. Since the beginning, Giovanni has chosen to cultivate his vines using natural methods, like his grandparents did, without chemical or toxic agents and only green manure as fertilizer. The vines are farmed organically with particular attention to keep copper and sulfur use to a minimum, using extracts of natural substances such as algae and propolis instead to help the vines stimulate their natural self-defense against diseases. Vineyards are split between the regions of Guardia Sanframondi and Castelvenere in the northeast of Campania on the border of Molise. Giovanni works with the traditional local varieties of Falanghina, Barbera del Sannio (genetically distinct from the Barbera found in Piemonte), and Trebbiano Toscano, all planted at 150-380m elevation in predominantly clay-limestone and tuffaceous soils. The wines are made following a natural and non-invasive style. Grapes are hand-harvested, and vinifications are solely with native yeast with a brief maceration on the skins for the white varieties. No enological products are used except small quantities of SO2, and there is no fining or filtration. The result is a set of fresh yet profound wines with a strong territorial imprint reflecting the traditions of the past.

100% Falanghina. Grapes were harvested during the second week of September. 70% of the grapes carried out maceration on the skins for 4-5 days in stainless steel and the remaining 30% carried out white vinification in stainless steel without maceration. The macerated wine aged for one year on the fine lees in a mix of cement and steel while the non-macerated portion aged for one year on the fine lees in French oak tonneaux. No fining, clarification, or filtration. Campania is famous for its Mozzarella di Bufala so Giovanni chose to name his Falanghina “Campo di Mandrie” (field of herds) to commemorate the herds of buffalo which can be seen grazing in the fields of Benevento.

benevantano / campania / falanghina / italy / white / whitewine