96 points Robert Parker
|Availability:||Out of stock|
Chateau L’Eglise Clinet has a long history in the Pomerol appellation of Bordeaux. It dates all the way back to 1803, when Jean Rouchut purchased some of the vineyard land that later became L’Eglise Clinet. The first section of vineyard land is located close to where the winery sits today, adjacent to the cemetery. The next step in the development of the estate came in 1882, when the family purchased vineyard land from the Constant family, the owners of the neighboring property, Domaine de Clinet. That additional land marked the official creation of Clos L’Eglise-Clinet. At that point in time, two families agreed to join together and form a partnership to produce Bordeaux wine together. The families were Mauleon Rouchut of Clos l’Eglise and the Constant family, the owners of what later became Chateau Clinet joined forces. From that point forward, until the 1950’s, their Bordeaux wine was sold under the name Clos L’Eglise-Clinet.