In the heart of the Medoc, there were already vines in the area called "Fourcas" at the beginning of the XVIII century.
The château was called Cru Roulet until Jean Antoine Baptiste Dupré, solicitor at the Appeal Court of Bordeaux, bought it in 1843.
It was with Alex Laffont, discerning oenophile and life-long friend, that Guy Pagès bought the 2000 shares in the SCI on the 24th November 1970 and became director.
His son, Patrice Pagès, succeeded him in 1985 with the same mindset; eye for detail, knowhow and passion. As a result, the wines of Château Fourcas Dupré have never stopped improving during the last 30 years.
Recognised by its peers, Château Fourcas Dupré is a member of the Union des Grands Crus de Bordeaux, Académie des vins de Bordeaux and Commanderie du Bontemps du Médoc des Graves, Sauternes et Barsac.
Château Fourcas Dupré, first Bourgeois of the XIX century was classed as Superior Bourgeois Vintage in 1932 and 2003.